Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] "The next season of PSL will be held completely in Pakistan, instead of Dubai" : Imran Khan

Quotes from this video:

"It is our hope, in fact its not just our hope but the next PSL will be held completely in Pakistan, instead of Dubai" : Imran Khan

"There (in UAE) there are empty stadiums and I know as a cricketer how boring it was playing in empty stadiums"

"So in Pakistan we will have our teams, playing in our cities and in our stadiums"
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th March 2019 at 20:31.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2 stadium lahore/karachi are ready for hosting PSL fixtures .if pcb have finanicai problem they should atleast renovate 2 more stadium for next psl. Multan and Hyderabad is good option.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I want to see matches in Peshawar. After Karachi, they are the best crowd in Pak.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The govt needs to assist the PCB in upgrading the stadiums in all of the Franchises home cities and make plans for first class hotel accomodation. If the govt is on board and operates on a war footing, it can be done in one year.

The PSL can play a big role in bringing FDI in Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Apparently IK is going to attend the PSL final, distribute the trophy, prizes and will also give a speech. I think it will be a good idea

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I want to see matches in Peshawar. After Karachi, they are the best crowd in Pak.
    How is the security situation in Peshawar? Do you think it would be considered safe for cricket?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    How is the security situation in Peshawar? Do you think it would be considered safe for cricket?
    Stadium is situated in the middle of population. Saw a video on YouTube it is in very bad shape and the renovation is going on sneal pace.It is far from international standard and won.t be available for atleast 2 more years

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even better than Karachi.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Even better than Karachi.
    That's your opinion...... Peshawar crowd has very skewed ratio of males and females.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As they should be.

Full houses in all the games of the NSK. Imagine the crowds in Multan and Rawalpindi.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The crowed is good but unfortunately the current stadium is the worst in the world.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi
    Lahore
    Pindi
    Multan
    Faislabad (Quetta / Peshawar)

Can easily hold their matches at home and play home away, it would be more entertaining and all matches would be house full.

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't believe it will happen.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next psl, just aim for 14-16 games in 3 stadiums, pindi, karachi and lahore. Just a gradual increase will be fine.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Don't believe it will happen.
    Definitely can happen as every international player traveled this time and players like Alex Hale and Chris Jordan who werent available for most of the earlier games came especially to Pak for the qualifiers.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only feasible grounds ATM are: Lahore, Karachi and Faisalabad.

Not a bad start. Could add one venue every edition.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Next psl, just aim for 14-16 games in 3 stadiums, pindi, karachi and lahore. Just a gradual increase will be fine.
    Add Faisalabad and Multan to it and we can easily hold the whole PSL in Pakistan next year In sha Allah and after 2-3 down the line we can expand to other cities as well like Peshawar etc.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Add Faisalabad and Multan to it and we can easily hold the whole PSL in Pakistan next year In sha Allah and after 2-3 down the line we can expand to other cities as well like Peshawar etc.
    Im aware of these excellent stadia, but unfortunately multan has no 5 star hotels, and given pcb's incompetence when it comes to solving such issues, i dont see it being dealt with in time.
    Last edited by SensiblePakFan; 14th March 2019 at 23:05.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can be executed, need to work hard on Multan, Pindi, Faisalabad and Hyderabad stadiums as well.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I really hope they do something about the stadiums and those that need renovations get the money and help they need.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The atmosphere in Karachi has been amazing

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PCB and govt should look to develop the mirpur(AJK) stadium as it is the main city that British Pakistanis visit. The resources are available and would excite the entire region.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheap dig at Lahore? Never change.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Cheap dig at Lahore? Never change.
    How is that a dig at Lahore? Seems like you're just mad he didn't say Lahore was the best in the country.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well then I hope he puts in the billions to renovate the existing stadiums and supports that. Pindi and Faisalabad should serve them well. Curious when international matches were played in Multan, where did everyone stay (hotel) then?

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I want to see a PSL game in Peshwar. In my opinion Peshwar has the most knowledgeable crowd. I still have memories of watching an India V Pak ODI there and it was amazing.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pindi and faisalabad should be feasible, I wish Peshawar was able but the stadium needs much renovations. If all psl is held in Pakistan next year, it will be long dream of mine come true. Then we can work on next dream: getting international cricket back in Pakistan. I just pray for stable and secure conditions for Pakistan

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
    Proud Green Blooded Pakistani

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great to hear this but some of our stadiums could do with some work. Karachi and Lahore would be locked. They have plenty of other options. But stadiums are not the only area we need to fix. There is a large amounts of work to do.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    all PSL matches would be great, and hopefully each of the 6 cities will host home games for their franchise. That's when things will get really exciting

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would be sad if PSL won't be fully played in Pakistan next year. Pakistan needs the PSL in Pakistan as a source of revenue and strengthening cricket infrastructure. If PSL can generate 25% or more of PCB's revenue, then it will be very good for all stakeholders.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We can easily get 6-8 Stadiums ready in Pakistan up to Modern standards if the PCB starts upgrading them today from day one on a war footing and if they are fully backed by the federal government

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    People should not get their hopes up with respect to hosting matches in Peshawar. It is simply not going to happen in the near future due to multiple reasons.

Firstly, most foreign players are unlikely to agree to play there due to security reasons. It is very safe now and there is no doubt that we can provide adequate security to the players, but I donít think it will be enough to change the perception/image of the city.

Secondly, the stadium is in very poor shape and is still living in the 80ís. It requires a major overhaul and considering the location of the stadium, it is not very feasible.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision. I was getting tired of the boring Dubai/ Abu Dhabi matches where the average score was 120 approx. runs. And then it would take the other team to chase 120 odd runs in 20 overs. Plus the empty stadiums made things worse. Hopefully they do end up hosting the entire PSL in Pakistan next year.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Can be executed, need to work hard on Multan, Pindi, Faisalabad and Hyderabad stadiums as well.
    We can't play in Multan & Hydbd as there is no five star hotel in both cities.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

well not sure it is possible to hold matches in Peshawar and Quetta, security situation is there not 100% yet.

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill believe it when I see it, but there's no harm in good intention.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

As the CM of Sindh, he can only influence Karachi and Hyderabad. He has no jurisdiction over other areas of the country and therefore should avoid such sweeping statements.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Talk is cheap.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only way to find out is to try it. We need to restart Cricket in Pak now. If after the attack in NZ Cricket will most likely continue in that country then it's time for us to be given a chance to continue as well.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Man PSL ended tonight and there is this sad feeling. Another great season comes to an end.

I dont really care about the winner or loser, i just feel really gutted that its all over.
    Now we have to wait another whole year for PSL.

I literally just feel sad and gutted.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    People should not get their hopes up with respect to hosting matches in Peshawar. It is simply not going to happen in the near future due to multiple reasons.

Firstly, most foreign players are unlikely to agree to play there due to security reasons. It is very safe now and there is no doubt that we can provide adequate security to the players, but I donít think it will be enough to change the perception/image of the city.

Secondly, the stadium is in very poor shape and is still living in the 80ís. It requires a major overhaul and considering the location of the stadium, it is not very feasible.
    I think work is underway there as well.Peshawar has no chance to host psl in next 3 yeears.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Man PSL ended tonight and there is this sad feeling. Another great season comes to an end.

I dont really care about the winner or loser, i just feel really gutted that its all over.

International cricket takes greater precedence, we have a World Cup on our hands soon.

However PSL did at least bring cricket home and Karachi pitches and atmosphere was excellent - a far cry from UAE.

Next year PSL should be extended to Rawalpindi, Multan and Faisalabad. Peshawar and Quetta hosting matches is a long way away.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PSL made the nation feel good about itself again. People didn't even pay heed to the war mongering in India thanks to this product when it was being held in UAE. That tells you everything

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    International cricket takes greater precedence, we have a World Cup on our hands soon.

However PSL did at least bring cricket home and Karachi pitches and atmosphere was excellent - a far cry from UAE.

Next year PSL should be extended to Rawalpindi, Multan and Faisalabad. Peshawar and Quetta hosting matches is a long way away.
    na, international cricket doesnt have festival feeling.

In PSL, it doesnt matter which team wins, it just feels great having a wonderful tournament going on that could also be followed as there are Pakistani players playing.

I just feel soo sad right now, and i have never felt like this about a cricket tournament ever. I never felt like this for the past PSLs aswell.

Im just soo gutted right now.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    na, international cricket doesnt have festival feeling.

In PSL, it doesnt matter which team wins, it just feels great having a wonderful tournament going on that could also be followed as there are Pakistani players playing.

I just feel soo sad right now, and i have never felt like this about a cricket tournament ever. I never felt like this for the past PSLs aswell.

Im just soo gutted right now.
    This partly because our national team, more often than not, isn't able to compete well against the top quality sides (CT being the aberration).

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh really? Had PZ won you would have found a way to show that Misbah was responsible for it, despite him playing just one innings of note all season.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whats the condition of Multan and Faisalabad stadiums?

Faisalabad has been somewhat the most safest major city of Pakistan since the war on terror started.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    This partly because our national team, more often than not, isn't able to compete well against the top quality sides (CT being the aberration).
    na, its not about that.

World cups dont give that festival feeling to me.

PSL on the other hand is like a cricket festival and its a Pakistani festival.

I have watched lots of Pakistan cricket in the past, watched alot of tournaments like world cup, Asia cup and long tour series.

But the PSL season provides something different. You have games going on, then each moment gets a meme made and all.

Its like when you finish binge watching your favourite TV series, your like now what.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Whats the condition of Multan and Faisalabad stadiums?

Faisalabad has been somewhat the most safest major city of Pakistan since the war on terror started.
    Multan stadium is quite big. I'm surprise that they got such a big stadium built there.

Faisalabad stadium is a crowd puller. I remember that stadium use to host Faysel Bank t20s and it used to be a packed stadium. No stadium was able to pull crowds like Faisalabad.

Infact, small cities like Faisalabad or Multan pull more crowd than major cities like Lahore or Karachi.

The pindi stadium crowd of Islamabad fans is terrible. The most boring crowd ever. I watched an islamabad united celebratory match with that crowd and it was a very dull crowd. THey didn't know how to cheer, to shy to make noise and all.

In the same stadium i sat with a pindi crowd for Faysel Bank T20 and it was complete opposite. They made noise and kept on cheering.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Multan stadium is quite big. I'm surprise that they got such a big stadium built there.

Faisalabad stadium is a crowd puller. I remember that stadium use to host Faysel Bank t20s and it used to be a packed stadium. No stadium was able to pull crowds like Faisalabad.

Infact, small cities like Faisalabad or Multan pull more crowd than major cities like Lahore or Karachi.

The pindi stadium crowd of Islamabad fans is terrible. The most boring crowd ever. I watched an islamabad united celebratory match with that crowd and it was a very dull crowd. THey didn't know how to cheer, to shy to make noise and all.

In the same stadium i sat with a pindi crowd for Faysel Bank T20 and it was complete opposite. They made noise and kept on cheering.
    I saw a Faisal Bank t20 match in Pindi stadium some years back and the stadium was jam-packed. Lol bari mushkil sai andar gaye thay.

Faisalabad i agree has packed stadiums in domestic T20s. Can it host PSL matches? Dont think security is an issue is Faisalabad.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    I saw a Faisal Bank t20 match in Pindi stadium some years back and the stadium was jam-packed. Lol bari mushkil sai andar gaye thay.

Faisalabad i agree has packed stadiums in domestic T20s. Can it host PSL matches? Dont think security is an issue is Faisalabad.
    Dont tell me you were also part of that crowd which was not being allowed to go in even if you had a valid ticket because somehow PCB had over sold the stadium, and the police were hitting the crowd with sticks, and at the end you had to break the gates with the crowd force to get in.

I was part of that crowd , it was one hell of a night.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont tell me you were also part of that crowd which was not being allowed to go in even if you had a valid ticket because somehow PCB had over sold the stadium, and the police were hitting the crowd with sticks, and at the end you had to break the gates with the crowd force to get in.

I was part of that crowd , it was one hell of a night.
    Haha a similar situation happened but i dont know if its the same match lol. Actually i dont even remember which team was playing against Pindi, i guess Sialkot as that team had Shoaib Malik.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has directed the commissioner of Hyderabad Division and the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board to initiate necessary measures for repairing and maintenance of Niaz Stadium Hyderabad to develop it into a national-level stadium, where next year Pakistan Super League cricket events could be played.

The chief minister has issued these instructions to the commissioner and the PCB chairman through letters written to them separately on Monday urging them to start preparations right now so that the stadium could be repaired and renovated and stay of cricket teams and other guests as per required standard could be made possible.

Niaz Stadium, where the first Test match was played in 1973, has a capacity to accommodate 15,000 spectators.

It was built in early 1960s whereas so far only five Test matches have been played; two each against England and New Zealand, and one against India. The inaugural test match was played in March 1973 against England.

The last Test was played in Niaz Stadium between Pakistan and New Zealand in November 1984 and an international match was played in January 2008 between Pakistan and Zimbabwe after 10 years.

Speaking at a dinner hosted by Chief Secretary Syed Mumtaz Ali Shah in honour of officers for organising successful PSL matches in Karachi, the chief minister congratulated all stakeholders, including the Karachi administration, the local government, Sindh police, the Pakistan Army, the Rangers and intelligence agencies for making PSL successful. He stated that holding eight matches of PSL in Karachi was a challenge for the provincial government when other cities were not able to hold PSL matches due to logistical and other issues.

The Sindh government accepted the challenge and made all arrangements in a very short period of time. He vowed to hold PSL matches in Hyderabad next year as well.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1472042/mu...t-niaz-stadium